Make a bunch of these small banana-shaped zippered pouches! Perfect for: sewing tools, glasses, pencil case, supplies, or for gifting!
Use Joan’s tricks for sewing a zipper in along a curve and swapping the zipper pull color for fun. Grab your favorite fabric layer cakes, sew a little, cut a little, zip a little and done!
Basic sewing skills: straight stitch, zigzag stitch and 1/4” seam are used in this project.
Finished size: 4” x 9”
- Two 10” squares coordinating Fabric. Not ideal for directional prints.
- One 10” square Dreamy Fusible Fleece by Lazy Girl SLG106 or SLG1061
- One 22” or longer zipper, polyester, all-purpose, YKK brand recommended
- One Split Ring, size 1” from Lazy Girl Designs LGD716
- Template: 8 1/2” x 10” piece of Template plastic OR trace/copy onto paper.
- Optional: Extra zipper pull from same manufacturer if you want to change the pull color.
- Use 100% cotton quilting weight fabric.
- Straight and zigzag stitching.
- Size 70/10 or 80/12 SCHMETZ Universal or Microtex sewing machine needle.
- Erasable marking tool recommended.
- Follow manufacturers directions for fusibles. Press cloth optional when working with fusible interfacing.
- Even-feed (or walking foot) presser foot
- Zipper foot or 1/4” presser foot
- Standard presser foot
Items made for sale from this pattern should credit www.LazyGirlDesigns.com.
Due to the digital nature of this product, all sales are final. We cannot issue refunds or exchanges due to the intellectual property provided in this download product.